The only requirements for using a computer by means of an Eyetracking system are:
- Intact, precise movement of the eye
- Sufficient mental capabilities to use a computer.
Thus the Eyetracking system is of special interest to the handicapped.
2.1 Actual applications
- Control of a computer by means of eye movement
- Medical applications:
- Determining the speed of adaptation of the eyes
- Determining the size of the pupil
- Psychological applications / questions:
- Who watches what, and when?
- Where are special positions for the eye?
- How do we recognize shapes?
- How fast can one grasp images (cutting of films)?